The annual PMJA Awards Competition is ready to accept entries. Our deadline doesn't come around until March 1, 2020, but we know you’re already deciding where to enter your station’s best work. We want to make sure you're considering our competition as you plan your entries for next year.
We have made a few changes to this year's contest - here are a few highlights:
- We've changed a few of our category titles - although most of the descriptions have remained the same.
- Call-in Program has been changed to Audience Engagement Program to allow for all types of audience participation - not just call-ins.
- We've added a Student Multi-Media Presentation - so we now have five student categories for your students to compete in. A reminder that students who win our student categories (both first and second place) are eligible to compete for one of three scholarships that include a free trip to the PMJA conference and a $500 cash award.
- We've combined some of our Nationally Edited categories so all Nationally Edited pieces will be competing in two categories.
- Contest entries will be subject to a fee of $60 for professional entries for member stations and $85 for non-member stations. Student entries will cost $40 per entry.